KM FasTrans FREE: 2.3.1. KM FasTrans PRO: 3.1.0.
KMFasTrans 3.1.0 news 2
If you use KMFasTrans 3.1.0 with Joomla 3.3.4 please install patch FasTrans_patch_140926-3.1.0.
This patch fixes the following issues under Joomla 3.3.4:
1. Save buttons are not displayed in the edit form when editing Articles or Modules.
2 The link to create a new module is not displayed in the TM Dashboard.
KMFasTrans 3.1.0 news 1
Version 1.1.1 of the K2 Support Plugin has been released to fix a bug in the translation of a menu item.
We have also released the patch FasTrans_patch_140918-3.1.0 to correct an error in routing a menu item.
Please install the patch and plugin (if using K2) as soon as possible.
Remember that you must be logged in to access the downloads
K2 support in KMFasTrans PRO
- Monday, 15 September 2014 15:02
Kmel-joomla-extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of version 1.1.0 of K2 support in KMFasTrans PRO for Joomla version 3.2+
The support plugin can be found and downloaded in Third-party extension support.
Version 1.1.0 adds the following new features:
- Support for Simple Image Gallery Pro
- From this version everything can be copied from source language to target language when editing an element. This includes images, video, audio, gallery, attachments and csv files, further increasing the speed of creating new translations.
KMFasTrans 3.1.0 PRO
- Monday, 15 September 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 3.1.0 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2.
KMFasTrans PRO version 3.1.0 contains new features as described below:
- Third-party extensions support (Joomla 3.2).
This version makes it possible to copy files when creating or editing translations of elements of third-party extensions in the edit window. For example, all image files, video, audio, csv etc. on K2 items and K2 categories can now be copied from the source element to the target element using the copy buttons located on the tabs or the Copy All button, eliminating the need for new uploads.
1. URL's are not correctly computed by the KMFT Language Switche Module in some conditions in Joomla 3.x. (Previously resolved with patch FasTrans_patch_140818-3.0.0).
2. A bug introduced in version 3.0.0 breaks the edit screen for some items on Joomla 2.x. (Previously resolved with patch FasTrans_patch_140821-3.0.0).
3. When editing elements containing no parent category, in some circumstances the value 'No parent' does not appear in the categories dropdown list. (Previously resolved with patch FasTrans_patch_140821-3.0.0).
4. Fatal error when trying to submit an article with Front-end editing. (Previously resolved with patch FasTrans_patch_140903-3.0.0).
5. Eliminate the message 'You can't create a set that is going to contain one element in language '*' ' that is obtained when switching the language of an isolated element (not belonging to any set of translations) from 'All' to any other or from any other to All'.
6. Prevent changing the language of an element of a set from any language to "All" to avoid having a set with an element in language 'All'.
KMFasTrans 3.0.0 patches
Two important patches for KMFasTrans PRO version 3.0.0 have been released . You can download the patches from Downloads-> KMFasTrans PRO-> Patches KMFasTrans PRO. You must be logged in to see the link. If you are using KMFasTrans PRO 3.0.0, please install these patches as soon as posible.
KM FasTrans 3.0.0 PRO
- Thursday, 17 July 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 3.0.0 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2.
We are proud to announce that this new KMFasTrans version supports third-party extensions in Joomla 3.2+. It has been a long and costly work but now KMFasTrans is able to support third-party extensions and allows you to work with them within KMFasTrans, as if you were working with the extension itself, including extension specific menu items and modules.
And all the features that KMFasTrans provides for the translation of standard Joomla elements such as the intelligent filling of editing fields, or the consistency check, or switching of languages at the category and item level, are now available to third-party extensions. The support is achieved by installing a plugin for the selected extension. This support is now available for K2 (v 2.6.8) and soon will be adding support for other extensions.
KMFasTrans PRO version 3.0.0 also contains some more new features and fixes some bugs as described below:
- Third-party extensions support (Joomla 3.2+).
As said above, the support is achieved by installing a plugin for the choosen extension. The supported third-party extensions can be found in Third-party extension support. There you can also consult the supported versions and download the plugin.
- Using Ajax to change target language in the editing screen (Joomla 3.2+).
From this version, by clicking on a language tab on the right hand side of the editing screen, the contents of the translation into the selected language will be loaded using Ajax, thus reducing the load time and improving the user experience.
- Ordering items on the Translation Management Dashboard.
A new column has been added to the Translation Management Dashboard screen to order items. This avoids having to go to the list of items in native Joomla to do it.
In Joomla 3.x, Ajax is used for this function.
- A new button allows hidding the left sidebar on the Translation Management Dashboard (Joomla 3.2+).
With this new button you can hide the left sidebar when you are working for a long time with the same values for the filters in this sidebar, for example when you are working with articles and the same set of languages. The most commonly used filters have been moved to the right and are visible though the sidebar is hidden. So you can have more space and you can view more columns of languages without having to use horizontal scrolling.
- New filters in the Translation Management Dashboard.
We have added more filters to the Translation Management Dashboard screen, different for the different types of elements, which easy to look for the desired information.
1. Bugs previously fixed by patch FasTrans_patch_140506-2.3.1 are fixed in this version. No new bugs have been reported.
KM FasTrans 2.3.0 PRO
- Thursday, 20 March 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 2.3.0 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2. Please install this version as soon as possible.
KMFasTrans PRO version 2.3.0 contains new features and fixes some bugs as described below:
- Trashing an element.
When an item is trashed, in the Translation Management Dashboard screen, it is dissociated from the set of translations to which it may belong. Thus, no set will contain trashed elements unless manually associated.
- Creating sets of translations during installation.
From this release, when a new KMFasTrans PRO installation or an upgrade from KMFasTrans FREE is done, the installation process automatically creates sets of translations based on existing Joomla item associations.
The process can be time consuming especially in websites with many items so you can override it by modifying the installation file (see installation documentation). The process can be performed at any time manually.
- Support of menu items type 'Tags'.
Support of menu items of type 'Tags' that were not supported in the previous version is now added.
- Memorization of the active tab in the edit form.
Until this version each time you reload the edit window in Joomla 3.2 the default tab became the active tab. From this version, the last visited tab (in each type of element) will be the active tab when the window is reloaded.
- Informing why the native Joomla Language Manager is disabled.
A tip has been added to the native Joomla Language Manager link (Extensions->Language Manager) informing why it is disabled.
1. Changing the language of an element sometimes causes an element association errror.
2. The overriden administrator language strings are not shown in the Overrides screen.
3. Remove warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\DATOS\DWSites\Joomla3x\libraries\cms\helper\content.php on line 121, that occurs when a translation of a category is created.
4. The Cancel button in Language Manager Options screen in Joomla 3.x does not redirect to the correct page.
5. Correctly display the drop-down lists for menus and categories for the language in process in the Options tab of the editing modules screen. (J3.x).
KM FasTrans 2.3.1 PRO and FREE
- Thursday, 27 March 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 2.3.1 and KMFasTrans FREE 2.3.1 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2. Please install this version as soon as possible.
KMFasTrans 2.3.1 is a maintenance release to fix the following bug:
When editing an article or a category, the folllowing warning message appears:
Layout edit_permissions_J2 not found.
You can also see that the permissions tab is not shown.
The bug affects to Joomla 2.x instalations only. If you are using Joomla 3.x you don't need to upgrade.
KMFasTrans 2.3.0 FREE
- Thursday, 20 March 2014 14:59
Kmel-Joomla-Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans FREE version 2.3.0 for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.2 (Note that this version is not compatible with Joomla versions below 2.5).
This is the first KMFasTrans FREE version that is fully functional. To know its features, please check the list 'FREE vs. PRO' in