KM FasTrans FREE: 2.3.1. KM FasTrans PRO: 3.0.0.
Some useful tips
- Friday, 18 July 2014 15:05
Just installed the product, the first tasks to be performed are:
- If this is the first time you install the product and you have already created menu items associations in Joomla you can create sets of translations from Joomla menu items associations using the synchronization process (from version 1.4. 0 PRO). This process also attempts to assign the correct language to menus based on the language of their menu items. If you have installed the version 2.3.0 PRO or higher, then you don't need to do this because it is done during the installation.
- You must set the appropriate language in the existing menus or review it if you have launched the process above. When you install the product the field language is added as a required field for menus, so you can easily control the language of the menu-items assigned to a menu. The installation process sets the value 'All' for the language in all existing menus, and you need to change it manually to set the right one. If you have done a synchronization process as indicated above, most menus will probably already have its correct language.
- Establish multi-lingual infrastructure if it does not exist yet. This is done by clicking 'Create Default Home' button (or 'Create Multilingual Infrastructure' button on latest versions) on the toolbar of the Content Languages Screen.
- Remember to publish the Language Filter plugin. If you want to have translated content switching when switching languages you have to set the value 'YES' for the option "Menu associations". If you forget to do it at first then you will have to re-edit all menu items to create the associations. If you have version 1.4.0. PRO or later you don't need to do it manually because you can create the Joomla associations from translations sets using the synchronization process.
- If you want to switch content at the article, contact or newsfeed level, or third-party extensions categories or items, you have to publish the KMFT Language Switcher and assign the position and pages as you want. Remember that this module requires menu items associations to be in place to work properly.
KM FasTrans 3.0.0 PRO
- Thursday, 17 July 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 3.0.0 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2.
We are proud to announce that this new KMFasTrans version supports third-party extensions in Joomla 3.2+. It has been a long and costly work but now KMFasTrans is able to support third-party extensions and allows you to work with them within KMFasTrans, as if you were working with the extension itself, including extension specific menu items and modules.
And all the features that KMFasTrans provides for the translation of standard Joomla elements such as the intelligent filling of editing fields, or the consistency check, or switching of languages at the category and item level, are now available to third-party extensions. The support is achieved by installing a plugin for the selected extension. This support is now available for K2 (v 2.6.8) and soon will be adding support for other extensions.
KMFasTrans PRO version 3.0.0 also contains some more new features and fixes some bugs as described below:
- Third-party extensions support (Joomla 3.2+).
As said above, the support is achieved by installing a plugin for the choosen extension. The supported third-party extensions can be found in Third-party extension support. There you can also consult the supported versions and download the plugin.
- Using Ajax to change target language in the editing screen (Joomla 3.2+).
From this version, by clicking on a language tab on the right hand side of the editing screen, the contents of the translation into the selected language will be loaded using Ajax, thus reducing the load time and improving the user experience.
- Ordering items on the Translation Management Dashboard.
A new column has been added to the Translation Management Dashboard screen to order items. This avoids having to go to the list of items in native Joomla to do it.
In Joomla 3.x, Ajax is used for this function.
- A new button allows hidding the left sidebar on the Translation Management Dashboard (Joomla 3.2+).
With this new button you can hide the left sidebar when you are working for a long time with the same values for the filters in this sidebar, for example when you are working with articles and the same set of languages. The most commonly used filters have been moved to the right and are visible though the sidebar is hidden. So you can have more space and you can view more columns of languages without having to use horizontal scrolling.
- New filters in the Translation Management Dashboard.
We have added more filters to the Translation Management Dashboard screen, different for the different types of elements, which easy to look for the desired information.
1. Bugs previously fixed by patch FasTrans_patch_140506-2.3.1 are fixed in this version. No new bugs have been reported.
KM FasTrans 2.3.1 PRO and FREE
- Thursday, 27 March 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 2.3.1 and KMFasTrans FREE 2.3.1 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2. Please install this version as soon as possible.
KMFasTrans 2.3.1 is a maintenance release to fix the following bug:
When editing an article or a category, the folllowing warning message appears:
Layout edit_permissions_J2 not found.
You can also see that the permissions tab is not shown.
The bug affects to Joomla 2.x instalations only. If you are using Joomla 3.x you don't need to upgrade.
KM FasTrans 2.3.0 PRO
- Thursday, 20 March 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 2.3.0 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2. Please install this version as soon as possible.
KMFasTrans PRO version 2.3.0 contains new features and fixes some bugs as described below:
- Trashing an element.
When an item is trashed, in the Translation Management Dashboard screen, it is dissociated from the set of translations to which it may belong. Thus, no set will contain trashed elements unless manually associated.
- Creating sets of translations during installation.
From this release, when a new KMFasTrans PRO installation or an upgrade from KMFasTrans FREE is done, the installation process automatically creates sets of translations based on existing Joomla item associations.
The process can be time consuming especially in websites with many items so you can override it by modifying the installation file (see installation documentation). The process can be performed at any time manually.
- Support of menu items type 'Tags'.
Support of menu items of type 'Tags' that were not supported in the previous version is now added.
- Memorization of the active tab in the edit form.
Until this version each time you reload the edit window in Joomla 3.2 the default tab became the active tab. From this version, the last visited tab (in each type of element) will be the active tab when the window is reloaded.
- Informing why the native Joomla Language Manager is disabled.
A tip has been added to the native Joomla Language Manager link (Extensions->Language Manager) informing why it is disabled.
1. Changing the language of an element sometimes causes an element association errror.
2. The overriden administrator language strings are not shown in the Overrides screen.
3. Remove warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\DATOS\DWSites\Joomla3x\libraries\cms\helper\content.php on line 121, that occurs when a translation of a category is created.
4. The Cancel button in Language Manager Options screen in Joomla 3.x does not redirect to the correct page.
5. Correctly display the drop-down lists for menus and categories for the language in process in the Options tab of the editing modules screen. (J3.x).
KMFasTrans 2.3.0 FREE
- Thursday, 20 March 2014 14:59
Kmel-Joomla-Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans FREE version 2.3.0 for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.2 (Note that this version is not compatible with Joomla versions below 2.5).
This is the first KMFasTrans FREE version that is fully functional. To know its features, please check the list 'FREE vs. PRO' in
KM FasTrans 2.2.2 PRO
- Monday, 10 February 2014 15:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 2.2.2 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2. Please install this version as soon as possible.
KMFasTrans PRO version 2.2.2 supports Joomla 3.2.2 and also fixes the following bugs:
1. When the Micrososft translation service returns an 'Abnormal response' error, the error is not correctly displayed. Instead the translated text [object Object] is showed.
2. Avoid processing of supported components whose folder under com_sup does not begin with 'com_'. ( As previously fixed in patch 131224-2.2.1).
3. Clear Notice 'Array to string conversion in .... com_kmfastrans/models/translations.php on line 304 and 306'.( As previously fixed in patch 131224-2.2.1)
KM FasTrans 2.2.0 PRO
- Sunday, 24 November 2013 09:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 2.2.0 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2 (Please note that 2.2.0 version is not compatible with Joomla versions below 2.5).
KMFasTrans PRO version 2.2.0 contains the following new features:
- "Tags" component support.
This version allows the translation of 'tags' in the same way as any other native Joomla component, including automatic filling of fields 'tag' in the translation of the elements that support them, as well as the detection of inconsistencies.
- Support for items versions.
When you translate an item you can access the version control available in Joomla 3.2 without leaving the KMFasTrans editing screen. This allows to create new versions, compare versions, delete old versions and restore versions, all without leaving KMFasTrans.
- New Category Filter in the Translation Management Dashboard.
In previous releases you could do a search for category name. This version has been replaced that by a categories dropdown list so you can choose an existing category. The dropdown list is sensitive to the language selected in '- Select "From" Language -'. If a language is selected, the dropdown list will only show categories whose language equals the selected language.
- Language Flags images.
In almost all screens in which is necessary to show a language, the language flag image is shown with a 'tip' which also shows the language title. This saves space and facilitates the reading.
- New configuration option to hide the titles of the languages.
In the languages tabs of the translation editing screen the flag image is now shown along with the title of the language. This option allows you to hide the title of the language and leave only the flag image, thus saving the space occupied by the title. This is useful when working with large number of languages simultaneously.
1.Show appropriate texts for inconsistencies of type 'Not equal to the source'.
KM FasTrans 2.2.1 PRO
- Friday, 29 November 2013 09:00
Kmel-Joomla Extensions is pleased to announce the immediate availability of KMFasTrans PRO 2.2.1 for Joomla versions 2.5 and 3.2. Please install this version as soon as possible.
KMFasTrans PRO version 2.2.1 is a release to fix the following bugs:
1. The inconsistencies detection process detects erroneously an inconsistency if the id of translated item is lower than the id of the source element.
2. The list of menu items on the Translation Management Dashboard screen is not correctly ordered according to its hierarchical structure.
3. The installation process does not remove some files that should be removed. As a consequence tags are not saved when editing an item containing tags in Joomla 3.x
Joomla 2.5.16 has changed the way URLs are computed. This has impacted the way KMFT language switcher module works resulting in weird URLs in some cases. To correct this, please download and install patch "FasTrans_patch_131108-2.1.2" from Downloads->KMFasTrans PRO->Patches KMFasTrans PRO downloads section.