This screen displays all the information you need for managing your multilingual website. For each type of element selected, will display a list of all items of that type (according to the filters that have been selected). For each item (row of the list) will display the items that are their translations into different languages along with their publication status.
How to Access
Select Components → KM FasTrans → Translations Dashboard from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation or click the icon Translations Dashboard in the control panel.
In the KM FasTrans: Translations Management Dashboard tab you can publish, unpublish and trash translation items, create Translations Sets, and assign, unassign or change items to Translations Sets.
In version 1.3.5 we have changed the icons representing the actions to be taken on an item. The documentation will be updated to reflect these changes but until then below is a guide to the changes:
- - Edit an item: Item-Id replaced by
- - Assign or associate an item: replaced by
- - Unassign or disassociate an item: replaced by
- - Change an item: replaced by
- - Trash an item: replaced by
- - Create a new translation: replaced by
The Translations Dashboard tab has the following column titles.
- #. An indexing number automatically assigned by KM FasTrans for ease of reference.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more Sets. To select all Sets, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected Set or Sets. Some toolbar actions, such as 'Mark Set as Completed', can work with multiple Sets. Others, such as 'Refresh Status of All Sets' works with all Sets. If the set status is not 'Modified' you will can not check it.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number
- Menu/Category/Extension/Module Type. This column title is variable depending on the selected element type. It is 'Category' in most cases, but it can be 'Extension' for Categories, 'Menu' for Menu-Items, 'Module Type' for Modules, or nothing for 'Menus'. Its content for each row is what the heading says. For Categories and Menu-Items, clicking on the heading will order the elements by its hierarchy of descendants (version 1.1.0 or later).
- Title . The item title.
- Translation Set. The set of translations to which this element belongs (if any). It consists of the 'Set Number' and the 'Set Status' (Complete, Incomplete or Modified). If you click the Set Number you will see the Set Details Screen (it is explained below). If you hover the mouse over the Set Status Icon you will see the status, and if it is 'Completed' you will also see the completion date and time.
The following columns contain the items of the set of translations that are translations of this item. There are two columns by language and as many languages as they are installed or indicated on the filter '- Shown Languages -'. For each language:
- Trans-id. Contains the following elements:
- A). If and only if there is an ID that is translation of the ID of the row.
- The ID of the element that is the translation of the item displayed in the row into the language of the heading. (in the image above the id:588 is the translation to Spanish of the ID:277). It may also be the ID of the element of the row if the column is its own language (in the image above ID:277). If the ID is clickable (defined permissions allow), when clicked will lead to the edit screen. If no translation exists there will be no ID (as in the column for French language).
- An orange right arrow. If clickable (defined permissions allow), when clicked will lead to screen for changing the ID of this translation in the set of translations (explained below). If no translation exists there will be no right arrow (as in the column for French language).
- A red down arrow. If clickable (defined permissions allow), when clicked will lead to screen for unassigning the ID of this translation in the set of translations (explained below). If no translation exists there will be no down arrow (as in the column for French language).
- A red minus sign. If clickable (defined permissions allow), when clicked will change the status of this ID to 'Trashed'. The Status Set will change to 'Not completed' if it was 'Completed'. If the Item ID is a Category, all descendant categories will be trashed.
- B). If and only if there is no ID that is translation of the ID of the row.
- A green up arrow. If clickable (defined permissions allow), when clicked will lead to the item creation screen for assigning the ID of this translation in the set of translations (explained below). If a translation exists there will be no up arrow.
- A green plus sign. If clickable (defined permissions allow), when clicked will lead to the item creation screen for creating an item to be the translation of the item of the row in the set of translations (See KM FasTrans New/Edit Translations Help). If a translation exists there will be no plus sign.
- A). If and only if there is an ID that is translation of the ID of the row.
- Status. Whether this translation item is published or not (or trashed). When cklicked it will change the status of the translation item:
- From published to unpublished.
- From unpublished to published.
- From trashed to published.
When you hover the mouse over the ID, the arrows or the + or - signs, a legend will show to help you understand what is going to happen when clicking.
Set Details Screen
This screen is displayed when you click on the number of a set on the Set Number column. It shows details of the translations set:
It contains one line for each Joomla item in the set. Each line shows the ID, your language, whether or not published and the date and user who added or changed the item.
The meaning of the data shown at the beginning of the screen is as follows:
- Created on: The date that the set of translations was created.
- Current status: the current state set:
- Completed: the set contains an ID for each published Content Language.
- Not completed: The set lacks at least one translation ID or not every ID in the set is published.
- Modified: the set is complete but was subsequently amended.
- Last status change: the last transition of states (for example from Not Completed to Completed).
- Last action taken: last action taken on the set (assign, unassign, change ..).
- Last element modification: the ID of the last element that was modified.
Assign/Change ID Screen
This screen is displayed when you click the orange right arrow or the green up arrow on any column/row of the translations screen. It shows a list of the items that can be choosen as translations. You have an explanation of what you are going to do when clicking the element title.
The elements in the list have the same element type that you are working with in the translations screen (articles in this example).
They are always filtered by language, extension (if they are categories), module type (if they are modules) or menu (if they are menu items). You can also filter the list by "Not assigned" or "All" using the combo in the right top. By default, the value of this filter is "Not assigned", meaning that the list only contains elements not assigned to another translation set. If you choose "All" the list will show all elements, assigned and not assigned, and if you select an element that is already assigned to another translations set, it will be unassigned from that translations set and assigned to the current one.
If you clicked the orange right arrow, you are unassigning the current ID and assigning a new one. The old ID will not be assigned to any translation set.
If you clicked the green up arrow, you are assigning a new ID. If the translation set already existed, the new ID will be added to the existing translation set. If there were no translation set, a new one will be created.
The assign and change processes are done automatically when you edit or create a new translation item using the KMFasTrans PRO version.
Unassign ID Screen
This screen is displayed when you click the red down arrow on any column/row of the translations screen. You can choose to continue or to cancel.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Mark Set as Completed. When the status of a Set of Translations is 'Modified' you can manually change the status to 'Complete'. You will probably want to do that when all changes you had made to one or more items on the set had been finished. You can do this one at a time by clicking the Set Status of the desired set, or you can change the status of several items at once by checking their ID's (in the second column) and clicking this button. (Except if the element type is 'Categories'. In this case you are only allowed to make changes one at a time).
- Refresh Status of All Sets. Some changes in the state of the sets of translations are not updated immediately. To ensure that the state is updated you should press this button in the following cases:
- - When you add or delete a content language.
- - When changing the status of a category that has descendants.
- - At any time when there is some doubt whether the state is updated.
- Options. Opens the KMFasTrans Options window. Allows setting of default permissions used for all content in this component. More information in the KMFasTrans User Manual.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
Control Panel, Installed Languages and Content Languages
At the top left, above the columns, you will see four more links as shown below:
- Control Panel. Shows the KM FasTrans Control Panel. It contains links to various elements and important news about the component. It also contains the status of the four default items mentioned above. See KM FasTrans - Control Panel Screen.
- Installed Site Languages. Shows all installed Site languages and allows to establish the default language for the site. It is almost identical to Language Manager Installed-Site Screen and it is here for ease and convenience. See KM FasTrans - Installed Site Screen.
- Installed Administrator Languages. Shows all installed Administrator languages and allows to establish the default language for the administrator. It is almost identical to Language Manager Installed-Administrator Screen and it is here for ease and convenience. See KM FasTrans - Installed Administrator Screen.
- Content Languages. Shows the Content Languages available for the web site. See KM FasTrans - Content Languages Screen.
Filter by Partial Category/Extension/Menu/Module Type, Partial Title, Id or Set
You can filter the list of items either by typing part of the title.
If you have a large number of items on the list, you can use these filters to find the desired item(s) quickly.
The left filter is dependent on the selection you have made on the type of element in the dropdown 'Select Element Type'. You will see a Category filter for most types of elements. It will be Extension for Categories, Menu for Menu Items, Module Type for Modules an none for Menus. In this way this filter allows you to search for articles, banners, contacts.. within an specific Category, or for Categories of an specific Extension, or Menu Items within a Menu or Modules of a Module Type.
You can enter some string and press 'Search' to display the matching items. You can type whole words or part of a word. For example, "ooml" will match all elements whose Category or Extension or ... have the word "Joomla!" in them.
The right filter displays for all types of elements. If you type some string diferent from 'id:xxxx' or 'set:xxxx' and pres 'Search' it will display only elements whose title contains the typed string.
If you type 'id:xxx' where xxx is a number, it will display the element whose id is 'xxx' if any.
If you type 'set:xxx' where xxx is a number, it will display all the elements that are assigned to the set of translations whose number is xxx.
Through these dropdown lists you select the items you want to query. When nothing is selected, as shown in the figure, the list does not contain any items. At a minimum you need to select a type of element from the list "- Select Element Type -"
- Drop down list: "- Select 'From' Language -"
In this combo box you select a language from the set of languages chosen in multiselect drop-down list "- Shown Languages -". When you select a language, the list will only contain elements whose language is the language selected. If you do not select any language, the list will have elements in any language (from the set of shown languages only). Moreover, the column for the language selected will be placed as the first column following the column "Translation Set".
- Drop-down list: "- Shown Languages -"
In this combo box you select the languages you want to display from the set of content languages. You can choose languages in a specific status and / or other languages.
The selection determines the number of columns to display, and therefore the volume of information displayed in the window. If your web site has many languages, this feature allows you to display only those you are dealing with at any given time, thus reducing the amount of information to make it more manageable, and also reducing the response time from the server.
The options are:
- Published: display all and only published content languages.
- Unpublished: display all and only unpublished content languages..
- Any state:display languages in any state but the set of languages to show depend on the checkboxes checked:
- No checkbox checked or all checkboxes checked: display all languages regardless of their status.
- One or more checkboxes checked: display languages checked regardless of their status.
This way you can choose:
- The languages in a given status (Status: Published or Unpublished | Additional: none checked).
- The languages in a given status and a selection of languages regardless of the status (Status: Published or Unpublished | Additional: one or more checked).
- All languages regardless of the status (Status: Any State | Additional: none checked) or (Status: Any State | Additional: all checked)
- A selection of languages regardless of the status (Status: Any State | Additional: one or more checked).
Unlike the rest of dropdown lists where, when you click a value, the screen is automatically reloaded with the value selected, in this dropdown, being multiple choice, after selecting the desired values you need to press the orange right arrow to reload the page with those values.
- Drop-down list: "- Select Element Type -"
In this combo box you select the type of the elements you want to display. You can choose any Joomla element that can be tagged by language. You need to select a type of element from the this drop-down list to have some element listed.
- Drop-down list: "- Select Element Status -"
In this dropdown list you can select the status of the items displayed on the screen. This selection only affects the elements whose ID and title appear in the columns ID and Title. It does not affect the elements whose ID appears in any language columns, except for the column whose language is the same as the title. For example:
In this example the element status is not selected. This means that the status of the elements shown in the list will be published or unpublished. The first in the list with ID = 43 and Title = Spotted Qoll has status 'published' as you can see in the English (UK) column. However, the item with ID=90 is trashed and is being displayed because the status selection only affects the ID 43 (on this row). Should you change the status of ID 43 to trashed for instance, the row will desappear from the list. You should select status 'Trashed' or 'All' in the dropdown-list to see it again.
- Drop-down list: "- Select Set -"
In this dropdown list you can select items to display based on their membership in a Set of Translations.
You have to keep in mind that when there are several elements belonging to the same Set of Translations, the same Set Number will be displayed in each of the rows of the elements it contains, and in this case all the language columns will contain the same information in each of these rows. If you want to limit the number of rows displayed on this list you can make a selection on this drop-down list as follows:
- 'All sets and No set': will show all items that are assigned to any set, one line per set, and all items not belonging to any set.
- 'All sets, all entries': will show all items that are assigned to any set. Same set will be repeated in as many rows as assigned items.
- 'All sets, one entry per set': will show all items that are assigned to any set, one row per set.
- 'No set': will show all items not belonging to any set."
- Drop-down list: "- Select Set Status-"
In this dropdown list you can select items to display based on their membership in a Set of Translations and the Status of the Set. When you select any of the values in this list will show only those elements that belong to sets of translations whose status is the one chosen in the dropdown list.
As you can see there is plenty of choice and filtering of the items you want to deal with at any given time. But be careful because the combination of all the choices may show an empty list.
- If no rows are shown check the - Select Element Type - and - Shown Languages - drop-down selections.
- If you do not find what you are looking for, clear all filters, unselect all drop-down boxes (except Element Type), select 'All' as Element Status and select 'Any state' and check all as Shown Languages. Also verify that some Element Type is selected and that there is at least one item of the selected element type.