This screen displays the edit form of a content language. If you installed KMFasTrans PRO and you have the appropriate permissions, then it will also show the Content Language Permissions form.
How to Access
Select Components → KM FasTrans → Content Languages from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation or click the icon Content Languages in the control panel. Under the content languages tab click on the language to edit.
In the KM FasTrans: Edit Content Language tab you can set the title, SEF, image, code, and description of the content langauges. You may also update or add meta keywords and description.
If you installed KMFasTrans PRO and you have the appropriate permissions, then you may change the permissions that each group of users have over this language.
These are standard Joomla! fields:
- Title. The name of the language as it will appear ion the lists.
- Title Native. Lenguag title IN the native language.
- SEF. SEF for this language. If 'en' is used then it will be added after the site URL. Note: The prefix must be unique over all the languages.
- Image. Name of the image file for this language when using the "Use Image Flags" Language Switcher basic option. Example: If 'en' is chosen, then the image shall be en.gif. Images and CSS for this module are in media/mod_languages/
- Code. Enter here the language tag - example: en-GB for English (UK). This should be the exact prefix used for the language installed or to be installed.
- Published. Available options are published, unpublished, disabled, trash
- Description. Enter a discription for the language
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Content Language Permissions
In this part you can change the permissions that any group has on this language. To do this select one group, such as "Translators". You can set permissions for three actions: Delete, Edit and Edit State. For details on the implications of these actions in the operation of KMFasTrans visit Permissions Management in the User Manual.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the edit screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the edit screen.
- Save & New. Saves the item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another item.
- Close. Returns to the previous screen without saving your work. If you press Close while adding a new item, this new item will not be created. If you were modifying an existing item, the modifications will not be saved.
- Options. Opens the Language Manager Options window. Allows setting of default permissions used for all content in this component.
- Help. Opens this Help Screen.
- Changing a User's Language or the Default Language does not affect the web site's Articles and other content.
- Important: Do not delete the default language files (for example, with FTP). This will create errors on both the Front-end and Back-end.
- Important: In KM FasTrans PRO you will see a language with title 'All-All' that is inserted by the installation script. You will not be able to delete or edit this language except for Permissions Management if you are authorised. This is needed for the PRO version in order to support the content language permissions feature.